Knowledge Is Free Foundation (KIFF) is a non-profit social project that provides scholarships for deserving Malaysian students from underprivileged backgrounds to obtain tertiary education at leading local public universities.
We comprise of a group of scholars who aspire to give back to the community by setting up KIFF Scholarship Programme. Besides, we also provide assistance in scholarships application with the aim to help more deserving students to attain tertiary education.
Application will be closed on the 24th August 2018. Feel free to check out our Facebook Page for more updates.
Field of Studies:
Business including but not limited to:
* International Business
* Mass Communication
* Actuarial Sciences, etc
Engineering including but not limited to:
* Mechanical Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Chemical Engineering
* Aerospace Engineering, etc
Life Sciences including but not limited to:
* Biomedical Science
* Veterinary Medicine
* Anatomy, etc
Social Sciences including but not limited to:
* Political Science
* Linguistics, etc
Pure Sciences including but not limited to:
* Astronomy, etc
Information Technology including but not limited to:
* Computer Science
* Data Science
* Software Engineering, etc
Other Disciplines/ Courses
* Non-traditional/ niche-area courses that are critical to the development of the nation.
- Foundation Studies
– Obtained admission to pursue studies (conditional offer can be considered) or currently in the Foundation programme at any of the local public universities approved by KIFF.
– Obtained a minimum of 5As (combination of A+, A and A-) in the recent SPM examination or at least 5As in the recent IGCSE.
– Malaysian citizens who are 18 years of age or below at the enrolment date for the foundation studies.
- Undergraduate Studies
– Obtained admission to pursue studies (conditional offer can be considered) or currently in any year of a Bachelor’s Degree programme at any of the local public universities approved by KIFF.
– Obtained a minimum of 2As for STPM; or 2As for GCE A-Level Programme; or CGPA 3.00/ 4.00 for Pre-university or Diploma or Foundation or Matriculation Programme; or Â 30 points for International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme AND a minimum of 3.00/4.00 for those who are currently in any year of a Bachelor’s Degree Programme at any of the local public universities approved by KIFF.
– Malaysian citizens who are 21 years of age or below at the enrolment date for the Bachelor’s Degree Programme.
Approved List Of Universities:
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNiSZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris UPSI)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
1. Who is Knowledge Is Free Foundation?
Knowledge Is Free Foundation (KIFF) is a non-profit social project which provides scholarships for deserving Malaysian students to fulfil their tertiary-education dream. We believe in “Knowledge Is Free, Education Is Expensive” and strive to inspire Malaysian students to reach their full potentials.
2. Is the KIFF Scholarship Programme the right one for me?
If you are scholar who is hungry for knowledge, applying for the KIFF Scholarship Programme makes perfect sense. Apart from receiving a partial tuition-fee scholarship to study at premier local universities, the KIFF Scholarship Programme offers you other advantages for further growth and development.
3. Who are the candidates KIFF Scholarship Programme is looking for?
KIFF Scholarship Programme is looking for outstanding candidates who are craving for knowledge and demonstrating unique talents and qualities.
4. How many scholarships are given out every year?
We are providing TWO scholarships for outstanding students this year. However, the number varies depending on the suitability of the candidates each year.
5. What type of support will I get?
The total amount of scholarship is RM 4,500 which is divided into RM 1,000 per semester (4 semesters) and RM 500 for academic-related allowances.
6. Which renowned universities in Malaysia are considered for further studies under the KIFF Scholarship Programme?
Please refer to the approved list of universities above.
7. Will there be an interview?
Yes, it is part of the selection process.
8. Is KIFF Scholarship programme need-based?
KIFF Scholarship Programme is a need-based scholarship which prioritises applicants from household income per month RM5,000 or less.
9. Are there expectations on the type of grades a KIFF scholar has to maintain while at university?
As this is a premier scholarship programme for the best scholars to study in the most excellent academic environments, we expect our scholars to perform at the highest level throughout the duration of their study. Scholars must satisfy all courseworks, examinations and/or dissertation requirements.
10. Am I bound to work at KIFF once I return from my studies? If yes, for how long?
Recipients of KIFF Scholarships will NOT be bonded with KIFF. However, our scholars are required to actively involve in at least TWO community services per year during the years of study. Besides, our scholars are always encouraged to volunteer with Knowledge Is Free Foundation.
11. How should I contact KIFF if I have any queries?
Should you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com.
12. Can I apply to KIFF Scholarship Programme if I am holding other scholarship/ bursary such as PTPTN loan?
You are encourage to apply for KIFF Scholarship Programme. However, KIFF Scholarship Programme is a need-based scholarship. Therefore, we prioritise applicants who are most in need of financial assistance.